Saturday, October 25, 2008

BRRRR Oct 25

It has been a very busy week and I have learned alot, starting with how Legal aide works. After making 3 trips to the office we(one of my girls and I) were finally able to fillout an application. The morning was early and eventful as I picked her up and she continuously talked about bad spirits and how she wanted it to end. She said she may as well go back to her old ways of cutting for relief and suicide. Always a good way to start the day and of course as we heard the bad news about a lawyer than the f word came out in rapid fire. The news only got better as I was informed that the adoptive couple she chose were going to withdraw. She will not take that too lightly and after many conversions with the case worker we came up with a plan that she will be told next Thursday, Oct 30. We are all hoping she will be ok.
Last weekend was full of traveling to Fort McMurray. I went with the FSA couple and the high counsellor. It was a long 5 hour drive each way but it went fast as we got to know each other and did alot of laughing. The presentations went well with of course lots of emotions afterward. Most of the time I can disappear but doing both wards there was no place to hide. I had lots of sad stories told to me and I left feeling drained, especailly since I had worked with girls from both wards and they and the parents were there with the babies, having choosen to parent. Again another sad story of how difficult things were. DO YOU THINK!!!!!!. Of course I had to practice being nice and understanding when in my head I am thinking. Follow the Prophet from the Primary hymn. My head was singing it but my mouth was saying 'yes, that can be difficult and it is hard'.
Charlie had,hopefully, his last surgery. It appears to have gone well. Sammy came for a sleepover and we had fun. Grammpa took him shopping and they came back with a chipmunk movie. He was thrilled. I took him shopping at the Disney store so he could buy Charlie something. That was fun. He looked at the princess stuff and told me his friend Maeve would like that. He only wanted a tiny Mickey for himself and a tiny Pluto for Charlie and that was all we got. He is a great shopper, walk in, see it, buy it. Maybe I will have time for some pix of the stake family dance, on my next visit.

1 comment:

DC said...

I love you have to "practice being nice and understanding."