
Some days are just like this picture and today was one of those days. The kind where you wonder what else could happen and than you just have to laugh and sniff some oils. Training for HF is this week and lots of last minute changes that made me wonder why I bothered sending out emails and calling people when they seem to change their minds last minute. So I have reorganized the rooming list 4 times today and I think I have everyone happy and now hopefully they will all show up.
One of my 'girls' called and asked me to not only go with her to court but to also go with her when she is to talk with the police and lawyer. We do have a plan of action to help keep her calm. I am bringing lavender lotion and told her put it on her hands and to sniff it whenever she feels herself getting angry. So I am now in the sniffing business. The charges are for drug possession. So if I come out of the court looking like the above picture you will all know why. Than she she asked me when church is and could I pick her up and take her. She is to call me Sat night and tell me for sure if she is going so I can pick her up at 8:30am. She is living in a shelter so has no fixed address so our ward will work. I asked her if she would like a blessing and she hadn't had one since she was baptized. She was so grateful for the opportunity to, in her words, have the anointed of God lay their hands on her head. She was in awe that she could have this done to one such as herself. She will met with the couple she has chosen next Thursday. I can hardly wait for that day. It is always such an emotional day on so many levels but always rewarding. I am so fortunate to be able to work with these girls. They are really unique and I get do all kinds of interesting things like go to court. Last week we went the an abortion clinic and that is another story.
Christine mentioned she likes reading what I posted and the pictures I posted. She said it helped her see a different side of me that I dont often show so I will share more of the thoughts and experiences I get to have. She is right and I will try and do better.
1 comment:
You might want to clarify the "sniff some oils" sentence for those who may not know exactly what kind of oils you're talking about.
Post a Comment