Monday, April 27, 2009
A new beginning
So it is finally finished and I am officially released, from what is now a calling of Stake Birth Parent Rep and unto a new assignment which is somewhat like a mini mission for us. Darcy was called as the executive sec to the Kingsway ward and I will go as a support and mentor to the single adult sisters. Gee, I hope this was inspired. I have never thought of myself as a mentor before so now I have to live up to the expectations of some fictitious person. I only know how to be me so hopefully that will ok. Bishop Moisey assured me there would be some druggies to work with so at least I will be somewhat in my comfort zone. I am not sure I know how to work with active members. Bishop Moisey also said we could do parties and they needed a younger couple to keep up with young single adults, at which I reminded him our 'baby' is turning 27 and we are grey headed temple workers and somewhat antisocial. He only laughed and told me we'd learn. On the bright side of my calling is watching facebook. What an assignment to check on facebook for activities and to get to know the members. What a hoot. I am looking forward to doing a mini mission and working together and hope we have the energy to keep up to the 20 year olds. So we will be attending all the Sunday meetings and I will attend all the RS activities that I can help train these young sisters and be involved in teaching welfare and life skills. I am sure I will learn from them. Some of the young adults I know from working in the Stake Seminary program for so many years and visiting and teaching their classes. So that is a comfort. The big question will be where will Susanne attend Sturgeon family ward or Kingsway Singles ward. So I guess I get to relive my 20's whoopee. Hmmm I think I was raising kids then so this will be new for me and an adventure and you all know how I love adventures. Stay posted for many more experiences as I learn my new assignment. I am wondering if I will ever have a regular calling or just go from one assignment to another. At least I have someone to work with this time. That could be a challenge definitely a pre mission experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment