I just wanted to share an unique experience we were blessed with this evening, March 4, Darcy and I were invited to witness the sealing of one of the adopted babies that I had worked with. This little boy's birth mother struggled with drug addictions and what a blessing to see a healthy 3 year old who laughs and loves his mommy and daddy. He has lots of energy and loves to play. Of course
grampa(Darcy), couldn't resist dazzling him with the disappearing money trick. That led to other magic tricks to keep the kids occupied while we waited.

There is just something special about seeing a little boy dressed in white pants, white shirt and a tie. It was such a joy to see this special little boy and be present when he walked up to the alter and laid his hand on his parents hands. He knew just what to do. I kept thinking look at what he knows. He understands prayer and says 'amen' and my mind kept thinking of his birth mother and other siblings and how different his life is and will be from theirs. Now he has all the blessings of the sealing covenant and I know his birth mother would be very proud of him and be happy to see the life he is blessed with. To know the difference of where he could have been and where he is was overwhelming to me. I was grateful to be able to witness the purpose for the many hours spent and see the plan fulfilled.
My mind reflected on the talk of Elder
Bednar's on tender mercies of the Lord. . Could it be any better?
Of course looking at the picture of him at the fountain how could an ex seminary person let that one go by. 'Fountain of living water', 'I was thirsty and you gave me drink','If any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink'. There are many more I am sure and with the connection with temple, fountain and water my minds goes into many directions of thought. If you have some put them in the comments.
Just on a side note it has been a rather busy, but rewarding few weeks. I was asked to assist a rep from another stake and meet with a non member considering abortion or adoption. All of her family and friends were encouraging abortion but she agreed to meet with us. After the meeting she had more questions and another meeting was set up. The day of her scheduled appointment for the abortion she chose a family for the baby. She knows nothing of the church and doesn't like religion but felt comfortable with us. This one will count as one of many choice memories.
I have been truly blessed and grateful for all of my experiences and best of all have gotten to know and feel the love the Savior has for all. So simple yet so powerful is that love that hope is received and lives changed.
1 comment:
That picture and scripture would make a great "mormon ad" poster! What a beautiful experience!
Post a Comment