Monday, March 15, 2010

Dolls and other things

Last summer I was babysitting Maeve and she wanted me to play dolls with her. I said sure and dressed the dolls and put them in the playhouse at which point I was informed that wasn't playing dollies. I realized I had no clue how to play dolls and I didn't ever remember playing dolls or whatever. Maeve informed me they needed to talk so after a period of time of blankness I was able to distract her and do something else. When Deanna came home I asked her how to play to dolls and I didn't think I ever did. So after some research and a call to my mother I found out I had never played dolls. I remember having 2 dolls one is my bride doll(which I still have) and the other was a skipper doll with clothes and a carrying case. All my friends had Barbies but I wanted Skipper, Barbies little sister. She had beautiful long hair and didn't have all those long dresses and stuff. I would take her out and dress her, comb her hair, organize everything and put her back. My bride doll was my favourite she had pierced ears with diamond earrings, red painted finger and toes nail,s delicate shoes and of course a beautiful dress. She had blonde curly hair with a veil and she held a bouquet of flowers. I would arrange her dress and clean her and put her back on top of my dresser where she stayed. I still have her and she is old and her hair is somewhat matted but her smile is still beautiful. I have lost the shoes, and earring and veil but the dress is still the original and I still take her out some days and clean her and put her back into the closet. So now I have solved my mystery and I don't like playing dolls and I never have. My mother could find me outside riding my brothers bike, side saddle or building something or reading but never playing with dolls. hmmmm I guess something don't change much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never played dolls much. I always thought I wanted them, but then never played with them. I would be doing other things too. Ah, I guess we are peas in a pod.