Thursday, February 4, 2010

Winter Fun in Vermont Jan 2010

Of course Anson wasn't going to be left out as he took anyone he could. He checked a few bigger kids into the snow bank and scored a goal. He just would not put on skates. Funny kid
Wells had to try his skill at shooting the puck while on skates. He did pretty good and got off a shot. Not an easy thing to do.




This is the chapel in the background and you can see the size of ice that the guys cleared for the game. Most of the ice was pretty smooth but it started to have some really big cracks and a few people tripped.



A quick pick up game of hockey in true Vemont style with a campfire and chilli heating up. Look in the background by the tree and you can see the chairs.




Wells and a friend Sarah. This was Wells second time on skates












Yes, that would be me skating. There just happened to be a pair of skates my size and I just had to give it whirl. Visions of falling and getting hurt did enter my mind but to feel the wind and hear the skates cut the ice was way more enticing. I didn't fall but it did take awhile to get my legs to work. I was practicing skating backwards here and was presently surprised that I could do it. I am now going to buy a new pair of skates and keep up something I once and still love.







Anson decided skating wasn't his thing









A Saturday spent skating on the pond behind the chapel. Some of the members who live close by shoveled the pond the day before. They had wanted to have a skating party with a few families and we were invited to come along. It was good fun








These are what the cabins look like at Camp Joseph. This one is Emma's Emporium and also the first aid station. These cabins and this camp are used in the summer by the New England area for Scout and YW camps.










This is the top of the hill looking out over the valley and across to the other mountains. This is Deanna ahead of me and just in front of her is Anson.











Yes this would be me. I didn't bring any snow pant so Eric's rain pants made a good wind break. It was a sunny but slightly cool morning so a hat was needed as well. I think the last time I was on snow shoes was about 20 years ago at an young womans winter camp. I believe at the time those snowshoes were the old wooden ones. These new ones were much lighter and easier to use. I had forgotten how much fun snowshoeing is. Good exercise as well.












This is Anson our fearless leader. The path we were on is on the Camp Joseph site. No shooting is allowed on Church property

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating. It looks like you had alot of fun and made some great memories!